Pages

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Caught In The Undertow

Undertow-Tool
Gone under two times. I've been struck dumb by a voice that speaks from deep beneath the cold black water. It's twice as clear as heaven, and twice as loud as reason. It's deep and rich like silt on a riverbed and just as undisturbing. The current's mouth below me opens up around me. Suggests and beckons all while swallowing. It surrounds and drowns and sweeps me away. But I'm so comfortable... Too comfortable. shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up you're saturating me. So how could I let this bring me back to my knees again again again under for the third time. I've been baptized by your voice. it screams from deep beneath the endless water. and it's half as high as heavenand half as clear as reason. it's cold and and black like silt on the riverbed. But I'm so comfortable. Far too comfortable. Why don't you kill me, I'm weak and numb and insignificant, and I'm back on my knees. lost in euphoria. I'm back down. I'm in the undertow. I'm helpless and awake in the undertow. I'll die within your undertow. It seems there's no other way out of this undertow. euphoria.



Last nite when I arrived for my shift I was informed that one of our guests had overdosed in a suicide attempt and the ambulance was called to take him to the hospital. I didn't see him at all, but I heard that he is a young guy. That's so sad. I know the feeling of despair and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. I just wish people, myself included, could just step outside of the box and take a look at the big picture in perspective. Of course that's easier said than done.

On a lighter note, I had to go pay my bullshit ticket for failing to stop at a stop sign. It's a brand new stop sign and I was in a hurry and just blew right past it. When I was pulled over, the cop asked me the usual "do you know why i pulled you over?" to which i responded "probably because I was speeding." Then he says, "no, but we can add speeding to the list." And sure enough, he adds speeding to my ticket for 1 mile over the limit. What a dick! And his name was Officer Dixx-how fitting! Anyway, I just had to pay a fine for failing to stop and I have to sign up for defensive driving. I know that there is some sort of a comedy defensive driving class, so I'm going to try and find that. Might as well make the best of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment